My Etsy Boutique

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

January Update

News:
Nothing much has changed since my last post. Except that I got another special request through Etsy, which needs to be completed and shipped by the end of January. It's a figurine of 3 cats (replicas of the real pets) sitting side by side - 2 black with a white one in the middle. :) It should be fun, I'm looking forward to getting it started and working with the client.


I've also been in touch with the friend that was at the Craft Sale in Magog. She makes hair clips, with ribbons. I offered to go into business with her - either I could make polymer clay centres for bows to sell to her, or she could make bows without centres to sell to me... And then advertise for each other. It's a good alliance to have, and this way, we both get more exposure to people we wouldn't normally be in touch with! So I need to start thinking of some Valentine themed centres to make for her.


I've also got my 2 wedding cake toppers to get started. Putting together portfolios, gathering/acquiring new materials, more sketching, and probably some trial-and-error attempts. Since this is my first time making figurines/sculptures this big, I'm going to have to try out some different methods and figure out what works best to make them stand up straight. I have a feeling and may be re-doing the first couple I make. For sure the bride. Brides are hard! lol


Resolutions:
Something I have to work on: planning ahead. Not just in general, although I do need to work on that as well. But as far as my Etsy shop goes, and being prepared for the next holiday or thinking ahead by a couple months... It's just not something I'm used to doing, so I need to start getting into the habit. If I start making Valentine's Day and Easter things now, then they'll be ready plenty of time in advance so that I'm not scrambling the week before the holiday to get some stuff made and posted. Because nobody wants to buy something the week before - it won't arrive in time! So that's part of my New Year's Resolutions for my business. To plan ahead and be prepared for holidays before they come up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment