My Etsy Boutique

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Craft Sale

Still no sales thru Etsy. I've been reading in the forums a bit, and posted a question asking how long it takes to make a first sale. Everyone's experience is different, and from what I've gathered, it can take anywhere from one day to 6 months after opening your shop! That's not terribly encouraging... It's been 2.5 months so far for me, and no sales. :( Oh well... the knowledge and experience I'm gaining is worth it. And the people in the forums were very supportive and made suggestions on how I could improve things in my shop, so that was nice. Unfortunately I haven't had to time to do much with it. I haven't done much creating for some time, let along taking pictures and playing around with my store. So...that should get done soon.

Especially because there's a local craft sale coming up and I'm renting a table. I have lots of jewelry stock, so that's definitely not a problem, but if you've checked out my Etsy shop, you'll have noticed that there's more than just jewelry on there! I'm a woman of many talents. ;)

So I have quite a few polymer clay creations in stock, but I should make a few more. And paper clothes (for scrapbooking or cardmaking), I have a bunch of them made up, and Mom is going to use some to make cards to sell at the craft sale as well - it will give people an idea of how they can be used. Speaking of, I should use that idea for Etsy - post pictures of cards using the paper clothes, or a scrapbook page... Good idea, Ree!

I would also like to get some sewing projects ready for the sale, and anything I don't sell will be added to Etsy. If you're one of those people who creeps other people's photos on Facebook (and if you're my friend on Facebook), you may have seen the pink and purple bag I made last summer. I was very pleased with the way it turned out, and I've received many compliments on it, and people have suggested I try to sell some. So I'm in the process of making three - a 2-tone grey one, a white and brown one (the white is a honeycomb fabric, but I still need to find a lining for it), and a really cool patterned one. The accenting areas are a dark turqoise-ish green and the main parts are in this really fun orange and pink lounge chair print. I'm pretty excited about that one. I was working on it last night and melted part of the green section with the iron, though. Had it a little to hot :( Thankfully I was able to cut out a new piece and save the bag, and the iron cleaned off easily enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment