My Etsy Boutique

Sunday, April 25, 2010

UN-success...

Well, I succeeded in making the 3 bags/purses in time for the craft sale yesterday. And my mom and I baked up a storm: chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, ginger snaps, oatmeal cookies, banana bread, lemon bread, brown sugar fudge, peanut butter cups....yeah! Plus she made some greeting cards for the sale as well. I went with, what I considered to be, modest hopes - to sell 5 necklaces, 1 bag, and 2 clay figurines.

I sold nothing. Not a thing.

All that sold was some baking and 3 greeting cards, which brought in a grand total of $17.50, and the cost of renting the table was $10, so...there ya go! A $7.50 profit. :/

That was raaaaather disappointing. But we had fun getting ready for it, and it gave us something to do all day Saturday, plus the week leading up to it. But I gotta tell you, I am downright exhausted now. *sigh* And the fact that I didn't sell any of my own stuff was a downer. But everyone else at the sale was in the same boat...there just weren't many people coming in or buying stuff...Lack of advertising!!

Oh well. I've just gotta keep my eyes peeled for more sales in the area! Unfortunately I'll still be in Honduras over July 1st...that would have been a great selling opportunity...

Anyway, that's the latest news. My Etsy shop is currently down because I took all my stuff to the sale. I need to re-photograph everything, and switch the stock around. But it will be up and running soon enough, so check in often! The bags will be added to my new Etsy stock, as well as some clay figurines that weren't on there before.

Come back soon! And remember, I take orders! ;) ---> www.reesbangles.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment